Complete, balanced mineral/vitamin block for all classes of horses. More convenient than loose minerals and more fortified than plain salt blocks or trace mineral salt blocks. Just place this block directly on the ground or in a dedicated feeder for continuous supplementation. Ideal for horses out on green pastures or receiving high quality hay. One 25-lb block will supplement 5 average adult horses for approximately one month.
For Horses on Pasture
Net Weight: 25 lbs.
|Copper, Min||350 ppm|
|Manganese, Min||1,400 ppm|
|Selenium, Min||5 ppm|
|Zinc, Min||1,400 ppm|
|Vitamin A, Min||50,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin D-3, Min||5,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E, Min||10 IU/lb|
Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Mica, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Molasses Products, Roughage Products, Soft Rock Phosphate, Lignin Sulfonate, Soybean Oil, Magnesium Oxide, Potassium Chloride, Manganous Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Mineral Oil, Red Iron Oxide and Artificial Flavoring.
CAUTION: Use as directed. Consumption of selenium should not exceed 3 mg per head daily.
WARNING: This product, which contains added copper, should not be fed to sheep or any species with a low tolerance to supplemental copper.
Feeding and Management
- Feed at a rate of one block per 5 head of horses. This allows all animals equal access to blocks.
- Place the blocks where horses congregate. Locate blocks throughout the pasture at loafing, grazing and watering areas. Adequate distance must be maintained between blocks to prevent crowding - 10 feet minimum.
- Do not allow horses to run out of blocks. When a block is two-thirds consumed, provide a new block near it. Place very small pieces in a feed pan or trough to be clean up.
- Horses should consume 2 to 4 ounces per head daily.
- Blocks can be fed to horses in confinement. Exact location of block to obtain desired consumption will vary between confinement feeding programs. Provide fresh, clean water at all times.